Thursday, July 21, 2011

Uinta Conditions

I have not been through the Uintas (hwy 150) since my last trip but, For those of you who do view my blog I thought I would relay what I have seen so far this week. I typically stick to hwy 150 and the surrounding lakes.

Most of my info is coming from Bogley.com if anyone is curious.

Fishing is pretty decent at many of the lakes on Hwy 150. Fish have been stocked in many of the lakes as well. Worms and Power bait seem to be doing the best at the moment. I personally don't use worms or power bait. Many anglers are doing great with various flies at the moment as well.

Inner lakes such as Marjorie, Crystal, Cliff, Echo, Notch, and Divide Lakes, etc seem to be fairly poor fishing. Fish are, however, being caught but it isn't as productive this year as normal. There are still patches of snow here and there and several of the lakes still have small patches of ice. Most of them should be clear by the end of the week.

Lets all hope that we don't have another year like this one for a long time. This late start is throwing everyone off.

No comments:

Post a Comment