Wednesday, July 13, 2011

5 Day Uinta Trip Post 3 - Additions

Additions:

I thought I would just add to anyone about to visit the Uintas. Friday nights seem to be the nights when about 75 - 85% of the people volume shows up. I would recommend getting up there sooner than later. Talking to the Ranger at the Station on the Kamas side, he said that most of the upper camp sites should be open on the 20th of July. That may of coarse make it easier to get a good spot to camp since the majority of the Campers like to use the improved sites that also have camp hosts. (And of coarse I am talking about the areas on the Mirror Lake Hwy, since that is my favorite area).

Our dilemma was this: We had our site since Wednesday about the middle of the day. Friday night we had several different groups pull right in to the area that we were camped. This really isn't a big deal to us having fellow campers nearby. But, here is the problem. There were about 7 different spots that previous campers had made for a great camp site. Instead of going to a further spot, a group decided to make camp right next to us Friday night. Not too big of a deal, although, they came over and asked to borrow some lighter fluid to make a fire. I didn't have any so I lent the last bit of my white lantern gas to them. Apparently they had non-existent fire starting skills. I watched as they used the gas and threw on a match. The flames burst everywhere and burned for about 30 seconds or less. That group ended up with no fire that whole night. Rather funny if you ask me, what a waste. After this took place they decided to blast their crappy music and start dancing around. This normally wouldn't bother me at all but I just gave them the last of my white gas and they were still jerks. Oh well, I finished my hot cocoa and went to bed early. I thought about hitting the panic button for my truck but decided to let them have their fun.

I also found a couple more pictures from our trip that I didn't post.

The first one is of my boy. He actually had the time of his life up in the mountains. We had a small stream running almost through our camp. He played in that quite a lot during the 4 days we were there. The second picture is of our camp site. Not really sure why I took that picture but I guess it just shows a memory. I can't wait to get up there again.
I also found some goodies laying around in the area that people seemed to have left behind. If you recognize the area and happen to be missing anything from your trip, leave a comment and let me know. Its nothing expensive or anything that we found but its still something.

No comments:

Post a Comment