Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Another Uinta Trip Coming Soon

It's coming again.... Finally. We have so many things going on this summer and it also seems that we have too few days off work.

We are working on another trip here in a couple weeks and I get so giddy when I start talking about it. It will most likely only be a 2 day or a 1.5 day trip this time. Which is fine, that gives us plenty of time to catch lots of fish. Maybe this time we will be able to get some good hiking in too. I have been hearing lots of great news about my favorite trails. Trails are drying out and there aren't too many downed trees. Fishing is pretty slow in many of the distant lakes but fishing is better now than it was a month ago.

Can't wait

2 comments:

  1. Do you know the condition of the trail leading to Round, Sand, and Fish Lake? We are planning a fishing trip this weekend and I'm hoping the snow has cleared. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard about how those ones are yet actually. Being as high as they are and from what I have seen personally and read, I am betting the water will be clear of ice but you are still going to run into a few occasional snow patches on the trail. I am hoping the snow is gone from that area as well since we are planning a trip to that area also. Although, that one isn't going to happen for another month.

    But, If the snow is melted I am betting the ground around those lakes will still be pretty wet. Do you by chance ever use Bogley.com? I would give that forum a go. I get boat loads of information from that site all the time.

    Although, I have seen several different posts about those lakes on that forum and I don't remember if anyone has replied about those lakes specifically but it is worth a look.

    I hope I helped at least a little.

    ReplyDelete