Thursday, August 25, 2011

Eat Your Words - Episode 2

You know those times when you are getting so completely frustrated with your child doing something and you want to smack them? But, they are just so cute when they do it that you just want to smile and watch them break all your stuff?

This brings us to Episode 2

My son has developed an absolute love for tractors. It doesn't matter if they are red, green, or blue.... If it looks like a tractor or sounds like a tractor he is all for it. In fact, saying the word tractor puts a smile on his face. We have discovered that the best babysitter for him is YOUTUBE. Jason Aldean sings a song called Big Green Tractor. Someone was kind enough to put this song into a tractor slide show on YOUTUBE. We can sit my boy in front of the computer screen and you will have just about 4 minutes of complete uninterrupted work, sleep, or relaxation time.

My son was sitting on my lap watching this slide show on my second monitor while I was doing some graphic design work on my main monitor. He was holding a toy truck and kept trying to remove my hands so that he could drive it on the keyboard. I kept telling him that he would have to get down if he didn't stop. After about 4 million attempts to finish my work I finally decided to put him down and let him lay down on the floor in "UTTER POUT MODE". I went into the kitchen so that I could ignore his whining and after about 15 seconds I hear him giggling pretty hard. I look around the corner and he has his truck on the keyboard looking right at me. He busts out laughing ridiculously hard and starts running towards me. I had started to open my mouth to tell him "NO" but just swallowed my words and laughed. He would dart back to the computer and stand there quietly until I put my head back into the kitchen. As soon as I peaked back around the corner he had the truck back on the keyboard. After about 10 minutes of this I finally had to stop him from putting his truck on the keyboard. It's times like these that make you happy to be a parent.

Eating Your Words can sometimes bring about the best things ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment