Friday, August 2, 2013

Over 8 Months.....

Well, it has been over 8 months since I last blogged, apparently that is a good sign.

Our business has been blooming and we are quite busy. Running a business from home is definitely a lot of work but it's completely worth it. We (I) have several lofty goals for our busy season (through Halloween) and despite the few people who have zero faith in these goals being reached I am quite confident that we can nail those goals.

I won't post the actual goals here on my blog because some of them are a little bit confidential but one of these goals is to almost triple last years revenue in October. This goal may be a little bit high to reach but some of the measures taken and different items that we are offering should influence our income. Not to mention that about a week and a half of last October we weren't able to sell items due to some inconveniences with some of our hardware and software. So, if you take into account that the last shipping day to get items out by Halloween is the 27th and about 10 days of that our items weren't available online we only had 17 days in October to make sales. I think that with the combination of 3 more sites that our items are listed on, roughly 6 more Halloween items (including glow in the dark being added to some of our existing items) and the fact that we should have the full 27 days to make sales we should easily make over double from what we did last year.

Hopefully it happens, we are doing everything we can to make it happen despite all the negativity that is being thrown our way.

Anyways, this was my rant post that I was hoping would get some of my excitement out. We are already selling quite a few Halloween items and its only the 2nd of August :)

Thanks for reading, I will try to keep up on my blogging but I don't know if I will have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment